The regulatory environment has dramatically changed with the passage of the federal Affordable Care Act and various initiatives at the state level, like Florida’s new Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program. Reimbursement and delivery models have further shifted toward risk-bearing entities like HMO’s and ACO’s. These forces have led to horizontal consolidation of providers and vertical integration of service and payment functions. Physicians, medical equipment providers, pharmacies, clinics, assisted living facilities, ambulance services, staffing agencies, urgent care centers, hospitals and health systems all need guidance to face these new challenges.
Our Health Law services include, but are not limited to:
• Establishing health care companies, from physician practice groups to home health agencies to management services organizations to health maintenance organizations and accountable care organizations.
• Defense of providers accused of improper billing practices, violations of anti-kickback laws, or other alleged legal violations in state and federal administrative proceedings.
• Assisting physician groups in consolidating, restructuring or growing their practices, and negotiating risk contracts between physicians and HMO’s.
• Assisting clients that are preparing bids in the DMEPOS’s Competitive Bidding Program.
• Analyzing the impact of new legislative initiatives in the health care arena, such as Florida’s new Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program, assisting clients in integrating into the new environment, and preparation of legal challenges to the roll-out of these new healthcare laws.
• Counseling clients through licensure and regulatory requirements.